Follow by Email

La continuidad de los parques (Julio Cortázar)

Friday, January 13, 2012

Tool Ten

The things I would discuss so that my students understand good digital citizenship are basically the same things I discuss with them about just being good citizens in general. Bullying is never an option and I would discuss what that is and how they can recognize it and that it should be brought up to someone if it were ever happening to them or someone they know. Good manners are also something that I try to discuss with my students and proper etiquette for the digital world is no exception. Just as they need to respect my classroom and the things in it they will learn how to respect the technology that they are going to encounter in school. I can teach these things by being a model for them and by openly discussing these things. I think the iSafe site is interesting. It basically breaks down all the ways to stay safe on the internet and it does it for all audiences. This can be something that can be done at the very beginning of the year so that students/parents/teachers can stay vigilant and be safe. I believe that parents sign a page in the Student/Parent Handbook that tells them of these digital dealings. Maybe the students need to have an assignment where they go home at the end of the day and involve their parents in an online survey /question and answer session so that the parent is truly aware of what they signed on that form in the Handbook...make the student responsible for his parent knowing the procedures.

1 comment:

Animoto/ Taxco de mis amores

Make a video of your own at Animoto.

El Rancho de Pancho